[R] Memory usage decreases drastically after save workspace, quit, restart, load workspace
kthul at mac.com
Sat Aug 26 06:35:26 CEST 2006
I have the following problem:
- I have written a program in R which runs out of physical memory
on my MacBook Pro with 1.5 GB RAM
- The memory usage is much higher then I would expect from the
actual data in my global environment
- When I save the workspace, quit R, restart R and load the
workspace again, memory usage is much less then before
(~50 MB instead of ~1.5 GB), although nothing seems to be missing.
- It doesn't seem to be possible to reduce the amount of memory
used by calling gc()
- the behavior is independent of if I use R in command line or from
GUI, so I can exclude a problem of the Mac GUI
Any suggestions what the problem might be or how I could debug this?
Thanks in advance for any help.
system i386, darwin8.6.1
svn rev 38247
version.string Version 2.3.1 (2006-06-01)
More information about the R-help