[R] Importing data from clipboard on Mac OSX

Rob J Goedman goedman at mac.com
Sun Aug 27 01:38:55 CEST 2006

Hi Rense,

Not sure how robust this is, but maybe to get you started:

In R console:

 > a <- 1:10

Copy that line to or part of it to the clipboard.

 > system("osascript -e 'set y to the clipboard' -e 'tell application
\"R.app\" to cmd y'")

If course you could use this in an R function. I would opt for using
a file to read in the data.

As this is Mac specific, maybe a better list is R-SIG-Mac.

Rob