[R] matrix "Adjoint" function

Reid Huntsinger rhuntsinger at verizon.net
Mon Aug 28 23:52:55 CEST 2006

Sometimes the term "adjoint matrix" refers to the "matrix of cofactors",
that is, the matrix of signed determinants of n-1 x n-1 dimensional
submatrices. This is just the inverse multiplied by the determinant. As
with both the inverse and determinant, if this is part of a larger
computation there are often better ways to solve the problem avoiding
explicit computation of determinants or inverses.

Reid Huntsinger