[R] lattice/xyplot: plotting 4 variables in two panels - can this be done?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 02:56:33 CEST 2006

Try xyplot.zoo in the zoo package (be sure you have
the latest zoo version). One caveat is that xyplot.zoo is
under development and could change.  Here we use the
builtin data set anscombe as an example:

# display the anscombe data set
anscombe

library(lattice)
library(zoo)
# create zoo object using column 1 as x/times and columns 5:8 as the y's
z <- zoo(data.matrix(anscombe[,5:8]), anscombe[,1])
xyplot(z, screens = c(1, 1, 2, 2), col = 1:4, pch = 1:4, type = "b")