[R] DCOM 1.3.5 Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040013 on iR.Init("R")

Nigel.Findlater at partnerre.com Nigel.Findlater at partnerre.com
Thu Aug 31 09:15:37 CEST 2006

Hallo Everyone,

I have a problem getting R DCom to work on a MS Server 2003. I am using
Visual Studio 2005 to use some statistical functions from R. I have
installed DCOM 1.3.5. but as soon as the statement iR.Init("R") is executed
I get the following error:

Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040013

I have checked the path and the environmental variables and there are none
associated with the RDCom, which is what I would expect.

I searched the registry for differences between my laptop (Windows XP SP2)
where it works but have not found anything useful

I have also tried to install Version 2.0.0 from
http://cran.r-project.org/contrib/extra/dcom/RSrv200.html. But this did not
resolve the prblem

Any ideas?

Thanks...

Nigel...

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains information solely intended...{{dropped}}