[R] .Rprofile under Windoze.

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Thu Aug 31 09:26:23 CEST 2006

Hi

Well I see your point, but let say I would like to load some of my
functions, libraries I use, some dataset, and set the lattice theme
to my preferred version.

As I work on different problems and each problem has its separate
directory I used to copy .Rprofile from one directory to another, but
recently I find more convenient just to copy my Rprofile.site from
one version of R to newly installed. Then I am sure I have always the
same startup regardless of problem I am working on. Am I wrong? Is
there some other recommended way?

Although I do not have write permission to registry and to some of
root directories, thank goodness (and Rcore development team :-), I
am able to install R elsewhere and use it without some sophisticated
hacking.

Best regards
Petr Pikal