[R] DCOM 1.3.5 Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040013 on iR.Init("R")

Nigel.Findlater at partnerre.com Nigel.Findlater at partnerre.com
Thu Aug 31 13:15:29 CEST 2006

Thanks for the comment, I have re-sent the question to
rcom-l at mailman.csd.univie.ac.at

             Prof Brian Ripley
             <ripley at stats.ox.
             ac.uk>                                                     To
                                       Nigel.Findlater at partnerre.com
             31/08/2006 09:48                                           cc
                                       r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [R] DCOM 1.3.5 Exception from

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Nigel.Findlater at partnerre.com wrote:

> Hallo Everyone,
>
> I have a problem getting R DCom to work on a MS Server 2003. I am using
> Visual Studio 2005 to use some statistical functions from R. I have
> installed DCOM 1.3.5. but as soon as the statement iR.Init("R") is
executed
> I get the following error:
>
> Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040013
>
> I have checked the path and the environmental variables and there are
none
> associated with the RDCom, which is what I would expect.
>
> I searched the registry for differences between my laptop (Windows XP
SP2)
> where it works but have not found anything useful
>
> I have also tried to install Version 2.0.0 from
> http://cran.r-project.org/contrib/extra/dcom/RSrv200.html. But this did
not
> resolve the prblem
>
> Any ideas?

That page tells you the appropriate mailing list for questions about that
software, or you can do as the R posting guide asks and contact the
authors/maintainers.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains information solely intended...{{dropped}}