[R] package installation fails only for "sp"

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Dec 2 08:37:15 CET 2006

Sorry, I missed that 'i686 redhat' might mean Red Hat, that is a form of
Linux.  The advice in the first para applies: the current version of 'sp'
in the source area on CRAN is for R>=2.4.0: see

http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Descriptions/sp.html

If you cannot update your R, there are versions of 'sp' available in the
Archive area on CRAN that willl work with R 2.3.1.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk