[R] Box Tidwell / Error Message / Error in parse(file, n, text, prompt) : syntax error in

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Mon Dec 4 14:47:41 CET 2006

Dear Simon,

I think that the most likely answer is that there's an error in the command
that you wrote (which is being sourced from a file?), but it's hard to tell
from the information that you supply. It might help to do a traceback()
after the error. I doubt that the error depends on the data.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox
Department of Sociology