[R] building R 2.4.0 on aix

Roy Heimbach royh at hpc.unm.edu
Mon Dec 4 19:26:27 CET 2006

Prof. Ripley:

Thanks for a clear statement of the situation.  Lack of response to
my post, coupled with the many prompt and knowledgeable responses
to other posts, led me to believe something like this must be true.

I have access to an AIX machine, and probably enough help to sort out
the 2.4.0 build issues under AIX.  I'm hoping to post something useful
to other AIX users in January or February.

Cheers,
Roy Heimbach