[R] Can anyone read a S-PLUS .dmp file for me?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Dec 6 14:31:25 CET 2006

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, John McHenry wrote:

> Anyone?

Yes, I can read it, but what use is that to you?  Given that it is someone
else's copyright work, I am not at liberty to redistribute a different
version:

   hblm and associated programs Copyright 1995 by William DuMouchel.
   Permission is given for not-for-profit redistribution of the hblm
   programs so long as this About.hblm variable is included unmodified.
   Please report problems, failures and successes of this program to
   dumouchel at research.att.com

The reason for the error is that it appears to contain invalid S data
frames.  (They are in invalid in R and in current S-PLUS, but they seems
also to have been invalid in S3.  Restoring dumps used to be one way to
create invalid objects, but many of the loopholes have been plugged in R.)