[R] AIC for heckit

Werner Wernersen pensterfuzzer at yahoo.de
Thu Dec 7 01:15:09 CET 2006

Thanks for the hint, Jay!
But somehow it seems like the included $probit object
is not of class glm and I
couldn't find an AIC property on it. I tried it your
way. Any other suggestions
regarding how I can evaluate the fit of the first-step
selection model included
in heckit()?

Best,
   Werner

<d4588dec0612010525s6d788716of30a1066eb50f4c2 at mail.gmail.com>

>> > I have used the heckit function in micEcon.
>> > How can I then get the AIC for this model?
>
> It appears that the heckit $probit object is of
class 'glm' and so, for
> example:
>
> main.result <- heckit(whateveryouaredoing)        #
Do your heckit()...
> probit.result <- main.result$probit         # The
glm object produced by
> heckit()
> probit.aic <- probit.result$aic                 #
The AIC, see ?glm

> should have what you need, ready to go.  I used
these tedious names and
> three lines of code just to be clear about what is
what (I wouldn't really
> do it this way).  !)
>
> Jay
>
> -- John W. Emerson (Jay) Assistant Professor of
Statistics Director of Graduate Studies Department of
Statistics Yale University
http://www.stat.yale.edu/~jay