[R] beginning my R-learning

Michael Dewey info at aghmed.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Dec 7 10:53:47 CET 2006

At 22:16 04/12/2006, Michael McCulloch wrote:
>Hello,
>I'm just beginning to learn R. What books/online learning modules
>with datasets would you suggest?
>Thank you!

If
a) you already know some statistics
b) you want to use R as a tool in your applied statistical work
then
@BOOK{venables02,
   author = {Venables, W N and Ripley, B D},
   year = 2002,
   title = {Modern applied statistics with {S}},
   publisher = {Springer-Verlag},
   address = {New York},
   keywords = {statistics, general, software}
}
is worth considering. It is quite terse though (it is one of the few
books I have which I wish were longer) and not so suitable if you are
also learning statistics at the same time.

>Best wishes,
>Michael
>

>____________________________________
>
>Michael McCulloch
>Pine Street Clinic
>Pine Street Foundation
>124 Pine Street, San Anselmo, CA 94960-2674
>tel     415.407.1357
>fax     415.485.1065
>email:  mm at pinest.org
>web:    www.pinest.org