[R] FW: test of spatial dependence?? - ask a geographer (was ask an ecologist)?

Marshall Feldman marsh at uri.edu
Thu Dec 7 17:40:55 CET 2006

No, you do not necessarily need the XY coordinates. You can also use polygon
(field, in your case) adjacency information. See Rogerson, Peter A. 2001.
_Statistical methods for geography_. Thousand Oaks: Sage.

You might also look at GeoDA, a free and soon-to-be open source spatial
analysis package. For your application, it might be easier to use than R. Go
to https://www.geoda.uiuc.edu/.

	Marshall Feldman
	Center for Urban Studies and Research
	The University of Rhode Island