[R] R in linux

Charles C. Berry cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu
Sat Dec 9 18:09:09 CET 2006

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006, Nuno Vale wrote:

> Hi again, thank you for your reply but i wanted something a bit diferent.
> I have R in linux but cant get a graphical interface working so i am running
> from the console.
> How do i run a program i've writen. I have it saved as a file but cant seem
> to find out how to execute it.
> Is it in R, or do i use other of the programs in R's folder and pass the
> name of the file as arg.?

Hmmm. Sounds like you want to "Execute commands from a file".

Following Peter Dalgaard's advice in response to your earlier query, viz.

 	Start by reading the "Introduction to R" manual

would have led you to the answer to your question in section

 	1.10 Executing commands from or diverting output to a file