[R] Small Rcmdr issue

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Mon Dec 11 14:49:44 CET 2006

John Fox wrote:
> Dear Alan,
>
> I've noticed that problem too, and have no idea why it happens. The function
> that's executed when you select "Exit -> From Commander and R" is pretty
> simple:
>
> closeCommanderAndR <- function(){
>     response <- closeCommander()
>     if (response == "cancel") return()
>     cat("\n")
>     quit(save="no")
>     }
>
> If anyone knows how I can fix the problem, I'd be happy to so do.

I think I've seen this outside Rcmdr too, possibly with "R-g tk" but I
can't seem to reproduce it now.
I don't think it's your problem, but if you get a handle on where the
issue lies, please let us know. (Of course, you can always just reset
the terminal or blind-type "stty sane", but it would be nicer to get rid
of the issue altogether).

     -p