[R] DOE teaching suggestions?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Mon Dec 11 18:11:08 CET 2006

Hi, Erin:

	  Also, have you seen the "BsMD" package ("Bayes Screening and Model
Discrimination"), also discussed in Box Hunger and Hunter (2005).

	  Spencer Graves
##################
	  Also, have you seen the "BHH2" package, companion to Box, Hunter and
Hunter (2005) Statistics for Experimenters, 2nd ed. (Wiley)?

	  Hope this helps.
	  Spencer Graves
############################
      Are you planning to have them design and conduct an actual
physical experiment as part of the class?  You may know that Bill Hunter
(the second Hunter of Box, Hunter & Hunter) wrote articles about doing
this, and I found it extremely helpful.   Things happen with real
physical experiments that can't be duplicated with any kind of computer
simulation.

      I think I've gotten good results assigning team projects of their
own choosing.  I found it necessary to have "design review"
presentations in the middle of the class.  These presentations give you
feedback on their understanding of the class material to that date.
They also give you an opportunity to suggest improvements before they
actually do the experiment.

      This is not what you asked, but I hope you find it useful, anyway.
      Best Wishes,
      Spencer Graves