[R] help on determining operating system

Doran, Harold HDoran at air.org
Tue Dec 12 20:46:56 CET 2006

BTW, Mac OS sits on the Darwin unix system. So, you have all the
benefits of Mac and can access unix via the terminal (Steve Jobs is
brilliant). Things like emacs are waiting for you to use on the Mac. I
haven't explored whether one can install R on the Mac and use it via the
unix interface (or whether there is any reason to do so).