[R] Error to install fMultivar package

Scionforbai scionforbai at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 14:13:36 CET 2006

Just a few tip, I don't know very much about ubuntu. Relevant is:

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lblas-3

It means, it doesn't find the library blas-3 (libblas-3). Maybe they
are installed on your system but in a non-standard dir. Look around
("locate blas", if updatedb is set on your system); if you find them,
a symlink could fix the issue; if not, maybe you need to install atlas
or the atlas-dev, something like:

http://packages.ubuntulinux.org/dapper/devel/atlas3-sse2-dev

(sorry, I don't know if "dapper" == 6.06, but I don't think it can vary so much)
Just give a try, and use apt to download all the required libs.

Try also to add "dependencies=TRUE" to install.packages().

Does it help?

Scionforbai