[R] set up directory for R when I start R

Earl F. Glynn efg at stowers-institute.org
Wed Dec 13 17:09:37 CET 2006

"Duncan Murdoch" <murdoch at stats.uwo.ca> wrote in message
news:457DC8CA.9040604 at stats.uwo.ca...
> On 12/11/2006 2:21 PM, Earl F. Glynn wrote:
>> "Dieter Menne" <dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de> wrote in message
>> news:loom.20061210T115836-859 at post.gmane.org...

>>> In Windows, I prefer the method described in
>>>
>>> http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/help/00b/2454.html

If R version-specific registry keys are used, one can even select from
multiple versions of R by right clicking on a directory from Windows
Explorer:

To add key for R 2.4.0:

R2.4.0.reg  (delete the proxy part if not needed)
-----
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\R 2.4.0]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\R 2.4.0\command]
@="C:\\Program Files\\R\\R-2.4.0\\bin\\Rgui.exe
http_proxy=http://proxy01:8080 http_proxy_user=ask"
-----

To delete this key:

R2.4.0-Delete.reg
-----
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\R 2.4.0]
-----

These files can be edited with Windows Notepad and modified for other
versions.

efg

 Earl F. Glynn
Bioinformatics