[R] xyplot: discrete points + continuous curve per panel

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Thu Dec 14 10:17:42 CET 2006

Hi

there is probably better solution but you can try to fiidle with this
idea, which adds stight lines to each panel one after another.

# based on Gabor Grothendieck's code suggestion
# adds straight lines to panels in lattice plots

addLine<- function(...) {
tcL <- trellis.currentLayout()
for(i in 1:nrow(tcL))
  for(j in 1:ncol(tcL))
    if (tcL[i,j] > 0) {
        trellis.focus("panel", j, i, highlight = FALSE)
        panel.abline(...)
        trellis.unfocus()
        }
}

You need to change panel.abline(...) part maybe to panel.curve or
panel.segments or?

HTH
Petr