[R] Contents of R-packages

Chuck Cleland ccleland at optonline.net
Thu Dec 14 12:13:55 CET 2006

Ralf Finne wrote:
> Hi experts,
> How do I see the contents of a package that looks
> interesting?  Efter I have loded the package, is there
> an command that gives me the contents or even better
> a summary or introduction.

> library(yags) # Load the package

> search() # Where is the package?
 [1] ".GlobalEnv"        "package:yags"
 [3] "package:nlme"      "package:car"
 [5] "package:stats"     "package:graphics"
 [7] "package:grDevices" "package:utils"
 [9] "package:datasets"  "package:methods"
[11] "Autoloads"         "package:base"

> ls(2) # What is in the package?
 [1] "ar1mat"           "csmat"
 [3] "mvnsamp"          "print.yagsResult"
 [5] "yags"             "yags.adeqReport"
 [7] "yags.control"     "yags.glmReport"
 [9] "yags.make.libu"   "yags.wcorReport"

> ?yags # Help for a particular function

  Also, follow the package links here for brief descriptions, reference
manuals, and vignettes:

http://cran.us.r-project.org/src/contrib/PACKAGES.html