[R] Install R in Linux

BBands bbands at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 16:59:21 CET 2006

On 12/13/06, lu kan <lukanlu at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi, Is it possible to install R in a linux box (Debian) without being a root. I know I can compile the R source code, but there is no F77 compiler on the box. So is it possible to install binary R without being a root?

If you can get the F77 compiler installed you can configure, make,
test and run R from its bin directory without being root. I did this
last night on a SuSE box with 2.4.0 prior to doing a final make
install as root.

     jab
--
John Bollinger, CFA, CMT
www.BollingerBands.com

If you advance far enough, you arrive at the beginning.