[R] How to load Rcmd without Commander() ?

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri Dec 15 15:12:36 CET 2006

Dear Ronggui,

The Commander() function is called in the Rcmdr .onAttach() function, so
library(Rcmdr) automatically starts up the GUI. You could use
Rcmdr:::reliability(S), where S is the covariance matrix among the items,
without libraryI(Rcmdr). Perhaps somewhat better would be to make a copy of
the function in the global environment via reliability <-
Rcmdr:::reliability.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox