[R] Plotting multiple smooth lines on the same graph

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Fri Dec 15 17:47:03 CET 2006

Hi

you can either use supsmu smoother

plot(d1) # make sure limits for axes are OK (which is not in this
case and you need to set xlim and ylim accordingly
lines(supsmu(d1[,1], d1[,2]))
points(d2, pch=2)
lines(supsmu(d2[,1], d2[,2]))

or you can use loess smoother which is used in scatter.smooth and do
some ordering before plotting and similar plot lines points lines
construction.

HTH
Petr