[R] xyplot: legend title + legend on 1 line

RMan54 RMan54 at cox.net
Fri Dec 15 21:41:06 CET 2006

Does anybody know how in xyplot to put the legend title on one line with the
legend? I can get the legend on one line with columns=... but the title is
always on top. I tried a custom key with key=... and text=... but I can't
put the title text in front of the plotting symbol.

I am looking for the following layout of the legend, on one line:

"Legend Title:" + plot symbol1 + legend text1 + plot symbol2 + legend text2
+ ...

Thanks. Rene