[R] optimizing inverse student-t

Ben Bolker bolker at zoo.ufl.edu
Sat Dec 16 19:52:33 CET 2006

wayne tan <princenerdy <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> i need to optimize the inverse cdf of student-t  qt(y^(1/k))+qt(1+p+y) with
> respect to y, is it possible to do it in R?

  try ?optimize
  if you need more detail, you should give us more detail.
(I'm assuming e.g. that y is a scalar variable, p and k are
fixed scalars)

   Ben Bolker

PS

> library(fortunes)
> fortune("Yoda")

Evelyn Hall: I would like to know how (if) I can extract some of the
information from the summary of my nlme.
Simon Blomberg: This is R. There is no if. Only how.
   -- Evelyn Hall and Simon `Yoda' Blomberg
      R-help (April 2005)