[R] Draw a circle on a filled.contour() plot

Webmaster webmaster at citedesjeunes.com
Sun Dec 17 15:31:25 CET 2006

> The output produced by 'filled.contour' is actually a combination
>      of two plots; one is the filled contour and one is the legend.
>      Two separate coordinate systems are set up for these two plots,
>      but they are only used internally - once the function has
> returned
>      these coordinate systems are lost.  If you want to annotate the
>      main contour plot, for example to add points, you can specify
>      graphics commands in the 'plot.axes' argument.  An example is
>      given below.

Thanks!

I now have another question (hopefully the last) for which I couldn't
find an answer in the mailing-list archives: how can I get rid of the
color key on the contour.filled() plot? I that question, unanswered,
in a post one year ago on this same list, so I hope it's by any mean
possible... (I think it's possible to change the code completely and
use image(), but it's much less pretty).

FX