[R] Start Matlab server in R 2.4.0

Aimin Yan aiminy at iastate.edu
Sun Dec 17 19:14:44 CET 2006

In order to start matlab server in R , I using the following commands

getwd()
setwd("D:\R_matlab")
install.packages("R.oo")
install.packages("R.matlab")
install.packages("R.utils")
library(R.matlab)
Matlab$startServer()

a minimized MATLAB Command Window come out,
but I can't make this window become larger. Does anyone know why?

I type "Matlab$startServer()" again, I get another MATLAB Command Window
and I can maximize this window, From this window: I see such message:

  To get started, type one of these: helpwin, helpdesk, or demo.
   For product information, visit www.mathworks.com.

Matlab v7.x or higher detected.
Saving with option -V6.
Added InputStreamByteWrapper to dynamic Java CLASSPATH.
----------------------
Matlab server started!
----------------------
Trying to open server socket (port 9999)...??? Java exception occurred:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)

	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(Unknown Source)

	at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(Unknown Source)

	at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Unknown Source)

	at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Unknown Source)
.

Error in ==> MatlabServer at 113
server = ServerSocket(port);

»

Does anyone would like to point out what is reason for these?

I am new to R.matlab. I am not sure if this question is too silly. Before I
post this
question here, I did try to do google search to find answer by myself.
But  I didn't get point.
If this question bother you too much, I am really sorry for this.

Thanks,

Aimin Yan