[R] RODBC not working when connecting to a Sybase database

Farrel Buchinsky fjbuch at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 19:45:56 CET 2006

What is this error message about and how do I troubleshoot it?
> sqlTables(channel)
Error in .Call("RODBCFetchRows", attr(channel, "handle_ptr"), max, buffsize,  :
        negative length vectors are not allowed
The channel was created as such
channel <- odbcConnect("Labdata")
I think this is telling me that my odbcConnect command worked

> odbcGetInfo(channel)
                 DBMS_Name                   DBMS_Ver
"Adaptive Server Anywhere"               "09.00.0002"
           Driver_ODBC_Ver           Data_Source_Name
                   "03.52"                  "Labdata"
               Driver_Name                 Driver_Ver
             "DBODBC9.DLL"               "09.00.0000"
                  ODBC_Ver                Server_Name
              "03.52.0000"                     "CGS9"

--
Farrel Buchinsky