[R] srt --- slope text with function? (list user defined functions)

Pierre Kleiber pkleiber at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Feb 6 01:35:45 CET 2006

I'll respond to one of your multitude of queries below.  Suggest that you
confine your postings to a single issue so that the subject heading is more
meaningful.

Cheers, Pierre

ivo welch offered the following remark on 02/05/06 11:28...
[...]
> * is there a way to print all my user defined functions?  I have an
> init file, in which I am defining all sorts of useful utility
> functions, and I would like to print what I have defined (for memory)
> upon a read of this init file?  that is, something that has
> functionality like
>    note.all.local.definitions.now.in.vector( all.local.functions )
>    a <- function() { }
>    b <- function() { }
>    cat( all.local.functions ); # should print 'a' and 'b'.

The following lists the functions defined in a (default current) environment:

"lsf" <- function (pos = 1)
{
   junk <- ls(pos, all.names = TRUE)
   junk[sapply(junk, function(x) is.function(eval(as.symbol(x))))]
}

[...]

Pierre Kleiber, Ph.D               Email: pierre.kleiber at noaa.gov
Pacific Island Fisheries Science Center         Tel: 808 983-5399
NOAA Fisheries
2570 Dole St., Honolulu, HI 96822-2396