[R] drawing outside a plot region

ivo welch ivowel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 05:24:38 CET 2006

Dear R wizards:  First, thank you for all the responses to my earlier
queries.  Will keep me busy tomorrow morning.  Can I add one graphics
question to my ever changing set of bothering questions, please?

plot( c(0,1), c(0,1) );
crop.to.plot.off();   # what I want; does not exist
text( -0.3, 0.1, " this is 0.1 "); arrows(-0.1,0.1,0,0.1);
crop.to.plot.on();   # what I want; does not exist

of course, the text and most of the arrow is cropped.  for most of my
graph, I like the crop, but here I would like to turn it off.

possible?

regards,

/iaw