[R] R- License

Rau, Roland Rau at demogr.mpg.de
Tue Feb 7 15:13:34 CET 2006

Hi,

> From: r-help-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch
> [mailto:r-help-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch] On Behalf Of
> Antonio_Paredes at aphis.usda.gov
> Subject: [R] R- License
>
> Hello. We are trying to install R on our network, and I
> wanted to ask if
> there is a user license agreement. I will be grateful if
> somebody can send
> me a link to it; if one exists.

if you have it installed already (maybe on your own computer), you can
enter
licence()
or
license()

which should give you, hopefully, what you are looking for. If you
haven't installed it, I pasted the output below.
Hope this helps,
Roland

> licence()

This software is distributed under the terms of the GNU GENERAL
PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2, June 1991.  The terms of this license
are in a file called COPYING which you should have received with
this software.

If you have not received a copy of this file, you can obtain one
via WWW at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html, or by writing to:

   The Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
   59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.

A small number of files (the API header files and export files,
listed in R_HOME/COPYRIGHTS) are distributed under the
LESSER GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE version 2.1.
This can be obtained via WWW at
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lgpl.html, or by writing to the
address above

``Share and Enjoy.''

+++++
This mail has been sent through the MPI for Demographic Rese...{{dropped}}