[R] bwplot: how to display response variables separately in same panel?

Chris Behr cbehr at edesigndynamics.com
Wed Feb 8 22:14:04 CET 2006

Hi -

I have two response variables 'y1' and 'y2' and a factor 'x'. I would like
to create paired box-whiskers plots for y1~x and y2~x and labeled for the
same x. the b-w plots would be side-by-side in the same panel - almost like
a barchart with two parallel columns for the same x.

the code 'bwplot(y1+y2~x, outer=T)' gives me two side-by-side panels. this
is ok, but not exactly what i am looking for.
any ideas?

thanks, chris

Christopher Behr
Principal Analyst