[R] Tranferring R results to word prosessors

Tom Backer Johnsen backer at psych.uib.no
Thu Feb 9 15:41:09 CET 2006

I have just started looking at R, and are getting more and more irritated
at myself for not having done that before.

However, one of the things I have not found in the documentation is some
way of preparing output from R for convenient formatting into something
like MS Word.  An example:  If you use summary(lm(....)) you get nice
output.  However, if you try to paste that output into the word processor,
all the text elements are separated by blanks, and that is not optimal for
the creation of a table (in the word processing sense).

Is there an option to generate tab-separated output in R ? That would solve
the problem.

Tom

| Tom Backer Johnsen, Psychometrics Unit,  Faculty of Psychology |
| University of Bergen, Christies gt. 12, N-5015 Bergen,  NORWAY |
| Tel : +47-5558-9185                        Fax : +47-5558-9879 |
| Email : backer at psych.uib.no    URL : http://www.galton.uib.no/ |