[R] splines in R {"translation of the matlab PPVAL function"}

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Fri Feb 10 11:25:38 CET 2006

Probably   ?spline  and the builtin  spline() function is
already sufficient for you.

If you need more, use the (standard R) 'splines' package:

library(splines)
library(help = splines)

    pecqueur> Hello,
    pecqueur> I am trying to translate a matlab program into R, and I have some problems
    pecqueur> to find out how to translate the PPVAL function.
    pecqueur> I know that ppval(pp,xx) returns the value at the points xx of the
    pecqueur> piecewise polynomial contained in pp( constructed by spline), but I don't
    pecqueur> know how to do the same thing in R.

    pecqueur> Thanks for you help

    pecqueur> Delphine