[R] Plotting contour & filled.contour in one graph

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sun Feb 12 18:20:11 CET 2006

Hi Michael and Gabor:

GABOR:  Prager's '4D' graph looks to me like superimposed contours of
both z and zz vs. (x, y), where z is indicated by the colors and pale
lines, while "black contour lines are values of zz" (as indicated by the
labeling).  I once wrote a crudely similar function to prepare contour
plots showing any number of z variables vs. (x, y), with each z variable
using different colors of contours and filling not with solid colors but
with cross hatching at different angles.  A reagion of acceptability
satisfying multiple inequality constraints would appear as all white,
i.e., with no cross hatching, in such a plot.  (Unfortunately, I never
found the time to get the function adequately dubugged and packaged so
others could easily use it.)

MICHAEL:  The "Addicted to R" web site with it's "R Graph Gallery" are
pretty.  Is a companion package downloadable from CRAN, or are they
still looking for volunteers to create the necessary help files, etc.?

	  Best Wishes,
	  spencer graves