[R] R: mean from list

statistical.model@googlemail.com statistical.model at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 12 21:19:38 CET 2006

great!! thanks very much, mean(unlist(lapply(listdata, function(z) z$c)))
works well.
and what about getting the average table $a (displaying the average elements
across all 1000 matrix)? could you please help me? I am struggling with
this...

thanks in advance
Roberto

mean(unlist(lapply(x, function(z) z$d))) should do the trick

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 20:06:12 +0000, statistical.model at googlemail.com wrote:

> hi all,
> I have a simple problem that i am not able to solve. I've a list called
> datalist with the following structure:
>
> [...]
>
> [[10]]
> [[10]]$a
>
>      -1  0  1
>   -1 31  5  2
>   0   6  7  5
>   1   1  7 36
>
> [[10]]$b
>
>      -1  0  1
>   -1 31  5  2
>   0   6  7  5
>   1   1  7 36
>
> [[10]]$c
> [1] 0.855
>
> [[10]]$d
> [1] 0.855
>
> [...]
>
> with [[1]] ... [[100]]. How can i get the mean value of datalist[[x]]$d,
> where x represents all elements from 1 to 1000 ?
>
> thanks in advance!!!!
>
> Roberto Furlan
> University of Turin

Rajarshi Guha