[R] Saving surface3d Output

Barry Rowlingson B.Rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Feb 13 13:34:54 CET 2006

Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> Are you talking about surface3d in the rgl package?  It doesn't use the
> standard R graphics system, so dev.copy() won't help.  You need
> rgl.snapshot, which can create png files.  You'll need some other
> utility to convert those to pdf.

  Or screen-grab them somehow. In Windows: hit 'Print Scrn' - or is it
shift-Print Scrn - then open a graphics program (Photoshop) and create a
new picture and then 'Paste' it in. That'll give you the whole screen,
so crop to size and save. There are other screen grabber utilities
available.

  On Linux, I'd run Gimp and then capture the graphics window with the
'Acquire... Screen Shot' function. Save as required.

Barry