[R] contour lines for levelplot

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 22:23:49 CET 2006

I'm not sure what gave you the idea that there's a limit of 99 contour
lines, but no such limit is intended. You need to read the
documentation of panel.contourplot and use it in a panel function.
Hint:

library(lattice)

levelplot(volcano,
          panel = function(..., at, contour = FALSE, labels = NULL) {
              panel.levelplot(..., at = at, contour = contour, labels = labels)
              panel.contourplot(..., at = c(137, 141), contour = TRUE,
labels = FALSE)
          })

contour (and plot.new) are base graphics functions, they do not
(easily) mix with lattice functions (which are based on the grid
package).

Deepayan