[R] AID / Tree Analysis in R

Torsten Hothorn Torsten.Hothorn at rzmail.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Feb 14 13:23:56 CET 2006

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Markus Preisetanz wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>

> I've been looking for a function that can perform a tree analysis, similar to CHAID or QUEST.

`ctree' in package `party' implements unbiased recursive partitioning in a
way inspired by CHAID. The methodological details are in

@article{party2006,
     key = {566},
     author = {Torsten Hothorn and Kurt Hornik and Achim Zeileis},
     title = {Unbiased Recursive Partitioning: A Conditional Inference
              Framework},
     journal = {Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics},
     year = 2006,
     note = {in press}
}

A preprint is available from
http://statmath.wu-wien.ac.at/~zeileis/papers/Hothorn+Hornik+Zeileis-2006.pdf

The package vignette explains the operational details.

HTH,

Torsten