[R] R and Power Point

Michael Kubovy kubovy at virginia.edu
Tue Feb 14 15:08:12 CET 2006

On Feb 14, 2006, at 1:46 AM, Erin Hodgess wrote:
> I'm using R in a time series class. ... I have decided to put
> together Power Point slides for the teaching. ... I am currently
> saving the R screen as WMF files and inserting them into
> PowerPoint.  While this works, it seems that there might be a
> simpler method.

Hi Erin,

For presentations I use LaTeX with beamer.cls and Sweave to access R.
The results are legible and attractive. The method is not simple at
first, since you must understand how to use beamer.cls and Sweave.
But once you're in production mode, it's a delight.

I'd be happy to share templates.
_____________________________
Professor Michael Kubovy
University of Virginia
Department of Psychology
USPS:     P.O.Box 400400    Charlottesville, VA 22904-4400
Parcels:    Room 102        Gilmer Hall
         McCormick Road    Charlottesville, VA 22903
Office:    B011    +1-434-982-4729
Lab:        B019    +1-434-982-4751
Fax:        +1-434-982-4766
WWW:    http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mk9y/