[R] Tranferring R results to word prosessors

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz at cnio.es
Wed Feb 15 10:33:58 CET 2006

I started using LyX; it is very straightforward. Then, I started exporting to
LaTeX and playing around with the LaTeX file (I found it faster than using
LyX, and could take my file anywhere they had something that could manipulate
text ---emacs, vim, nedit, whatever).

Googling you'll find _many_ LaTeX tutorials. Which one is best probably
depends a lot on your preferences and learning style.

As for books, I find "Guide to LaTeX" by Kopka & Daly (I think now in its
fourth edition) far easier to use (to learn and for reference) than the
series of LaTeX books by Goossens et al. and Lamport. (And I only need to
haul around a single book, not 2 to 5). But then, again, this is surely a
matter of personal taste.

HTH,

R.

On Thursday 09 February 2006 20:08, Patrick Burns wrote:
> One approach is to use LyX (http://www.lyx.org/).
> This is a lot like using Word or other word processors
> but it creates LaTeX.  You probably won't need to
> know anything about TeX for a long time unless you
> are doing really weird things.
>
> Patrick Burns
> patrick at burns-stat.com
> +44 (0)20 8525 0696
> http://www.burns-stat.com
> (home of S Poetry and "A Guide for the Unwilling S User")
>
> roger bos wrote:
> >Yeah, but I don't understand LaTeX at all.  Can you point me to a good
> >beginners guide?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Roger

> >>irritated

> >>Well whatever you do, don't start looking at LaTeX, because that will
> >>get you even more irritated at yourself for not having done it before.
> >>
> >>LaTeX is to Word as R is to what? SPSS?
> >>
> >>I've still not seen a pretty piece of mathematics - or even text - in
> >>Word.
> >>
> >>Barry

> >	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Ramón Díaz-Uriarte
Bioinformatics Unit
Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncológicas (CNIO)
(Spanish National Cancer Center)
Melchor Fernández Almagro, 3
28029 Madrid (Spain)
Fax: +-34-91-224-6972
Phone: +-34-91-224-6900

http://ligarto.org/rdiaz
PGP KeyID: 0xE89B3462
(http://ligarto.org/rdiaz/0xE89B3462.asc)

**NOTA DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD** Este correo electrónico, y en s...{{dropped}}