[R] Plotting two 3-dimensional time series in a 3 x 2 plot - alternatives to par(mfrow())

Søren Højsgaard Soren.Hojsgaard at agrsci.dk
Wed Feb 15 23:19:32 CET 2006

I am trying to plot two 3-dimensional time series in one window (such that there will be 3 rows and 2 columns). For zoo and ts objects the par(mfrow...) option does not work. I can get xyplot to make the plots, but data are on widely different scales in the three dimensions, and xyplot uses the same scale on all y-axis which means that in some dimensions the curves will be almost horizontal lines. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Søren