[R] symbol decoration and .Call

Vumani Dlamini dvumani at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 16 13:53:49 CET 2006

Dear R-users,
I am a novice user of .Call and am trying to use the C code in R-Ext to
kickstart my learning process. All the code compiles but when I try to use
.Call it gives the error (using "out.c" as an example),

Error in .Call("out", x, y) : C entry point "out" not in load table

when i use PEDUMP to check whether the symbol is loaded I find that it is
loaded as "_Z3outP7SEXPRECS0_" and when I use this instead of "out" the
program work.

How can I remove the decoration so that only "out" is loaded?

Thanks, Vumani