[R] How to change the number of bins in "hist" function?

ronggui ronggui.huang at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 04:52:21 CET 2006

?hist will tell you
breaks: one of:

             *  a vector giving the breakpoints between histogram
                cells,

             *  a single number giving the number of cells for the
                histogram,

             *  a character string naming an algorithm to compute the
                number of cells (see Details),

             *  a function to compute the number of cells.

          In the last three cases the number is a suggestion only.

2006/2/17, Michael <comtech.usa at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I am doing histogram using the "hist" function. For some reason, the
> histogram does not look good... is there a way I can change the number of
> bins, and/or change the way that data gets binned... so that I can obtain a
> better looking histogram?
>
> Thanks a lot!

»ÆÈÙ¹ó
Deparment of Sociology