[R] RCMD SHILB uses g++ instead of gcc

Vumani Dlamini dvumani at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 17 12:02:54 CET 2006

I am using RCMD SHLIB to make a dll from the convolve2.c code presented with
R-exts. After an e-mail from Prof Ripley, I noticed that SHLIB is using a
C++ compiler instead of a C compiler for the code.

Have searched the R-site and the internet for answers and noticed that it is
possible to change the "makeconf" and "makefile" files to correct this. But
these files are not present in my system. I downloaded
"R-2.2.1pat-win32.exe" and installed the traditional windows way.

Thanks for your responses.

Full_Name: Vumani Dlamini
Version: 2.2.1 Patched
OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional