[R] Something changed and glm(..., family=binomial) doesn't work now

Philip Riggs priggs at warnercnr.colostate.edu
Sat Feb 18 00:40:58 CET 2006

I ran logistic regression models last week using glm
(...,family=binomial) and got a set of results. Since then I have
loaded the Epi package for ROC analysis. Now when I run those same
models I get completely different results, with most being:

Warning message:
fitted probabilities numerically 0 or 1 occurred in: glm.fit(x = X, y
= Y, weights = weights, start = start, etastart = etastart,

I didn't get this result last week. Also, the ROC function in Epi is
no longer working (giving a ROC of 1.000). What would have changed to
cause this and how can I fix it?

p.s. To check I ran the same model in S and have the same result as
last week.

Philip