[R] wireframe, axis label-axis separation, xlab rotation

Joaquin Rapela rapela at usc.edu
Tue Feb 21 15:05:21 CET 2006

Greetings,

A couple of questions:

1.
I am using wireframe. It prints 3d plots nicely on screen, but when I use a
postscript device the z-axis label merges with the z-axis. Is there any option
to control their separation?

2.
Again, using wireframe, I rotate the whole plot using the screen parameter.
However, the x- and y-axis labels (xlab and ylab) remain horizontal. How could
I rotate them?

Thanks in advance, Joaquin

PS: my apologizes if these questions are too basic. I am new to R and to Trellis.
--
Joaquin Rapela
PhD Student, Electrical Engineering

"This is the origin of their (the Aborigines') belief in the omnipotence of
thoughts, their unshakable confidence in the possibility of controlling the
world and their inaccessibility to other experiences, so easily obtainable,
which could teach them man's true position in the universe."
                                                                   Sigmund Freud
                                                                 Totem and Taboo