[R] Patient Rule Induction Method implemented in R?

Carlos J. Gil Bellosta cgb at datanalytics.com
Sat Feb 25 16:45:38 CET 2006

Dear R users,

I have not been able to find any implementation of Friedman's Patient
Rule Induction Method, PRIM, available on R. Is there any?

In any case, is there any reasonable alternative? So far, I have been
using trees and just keeping the extreme leaves. But a project of mine
requires a method that would just "hunt the bumps" in a high dimensional
data set and that would produce a relatively understandable/graphical
set of rules.

Sincerely,

Carlos J. Gil Bellosta
http://www.datanalytics.com